Ditch the tortilla chips next time you make nachos and replace them with a big ol’ bag of tater tots. Yeah, this is a thing, and it’s called Totchos. The best hybrid food you will ever meet. This is nacho-regular type of nachos, because potato>chip.
They’re ridiculously easy and completely customizable. The options are endless when it comes to toppings, but we kept it pretty simple with just some classic nacho toppings. Throw some tots and toppings together and you’ve got Totchos. Pretty simple, right?
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:25 minutes
- Total Time:40 minutes
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix (preferably Old El Paso)
- 1-2 cup shredded cheese (preferably Mexican blend)
- 1 (32oz) pack of frozen tater tots
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa/pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped/diced)
- *Optional* ¼ cup of red/green pepper (chopped)
- *Optional* ⅓ cup of black olives, sliced
- *Optional* store-bought guacamole
Preheat your oven and cook the tater tots accordingly.
In a medium sized saucepan, brown your beef. Add in the taco seasoning mix and the water in until fully covered and cooked.
When the tater tots are cooked, place the beef and cheese on top of the tater tots until the cheese is melted.
Top with sour cream, cilantro, olives, pico de gallo and **Optional** guacamole. When the tater tots are cooked, place the beef and cheese on top of the tater tots until the cheese is melted.
#SpoonTip: Enjoy with a fork because these bad boys are messy.