Cauliflower crust has had its time to shine. Let the curly leafed, green superstar stand up. Green is typically not a color of most pizza crusts; in fact, most of the time it would probably be frowned upon and symbolize old age.

Introducing a new variety of low-carb pizza crust that contains an insane amount of vitamins and nutritious benefits made out of kale. A crust this healthy makes me wonder why we didn't stick it in pizza earlier. Load it up with all of your favorite toppings and you'll have a well balanced meal. Getting your greens can be easy as pie.

Kale Pizza Crust

• 3 3/4 cup kale
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup gluten free panko crumbs
  • 1 cup grated cheese
  • Salt
  • Pepper
mushroom, vegetable
Photo by Emma Lally

First, preheat your oven to 350°F.

Using a food processor, blend together the kale, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. It should be a sticky pizza dough consistency.

Flatten the pizza dough into a thin circle about 8 inches in diameter. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the crust starts to get brown on the edges.

Remove from the oven and add pizza sauce, toppings, and grated cheese. Put it back in the oven until all of the toppings are cooked and the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!