As students, we’re always on the go and a lot of us are trying to stay healthy in the mix of the craziness. To make this recipe even easier, you can cook the quinoa the night before and quickly throw these ingredients together for a delicious lunch on-the-go. Regardless of the fact that this salad is absolutely delicious, it’s also super fun to eat. With all the different textures, your taste buds will definitely thank you.

Chickpea and Quinoa Salad

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes

• 1 cup quinoa
  • 1/2 cup chickpeas
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 cup baby spinach
  • small handful of asparagus (heads)
Photo by Caitlin Wolper

Add 1 cup of quinoa to a pot with 1 1/2 cups of water. Put the stove on high until the quinoa comes to a boil.

Once the quinoa comes to a boil, turn the burner on low and let it simmer for 20 minutes, or until you see no more water.

Cut the tips off of the asparagus and add into a frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Add salt, pepper and onion powder and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.

Toss quinoa, chickpeas, diced avocado and asparagus into a medium bowl. Add a pinch of salt, oil and balsamic vinegar then stir well.

Lay a handful baby spinach out onto each plate then add the chickpea and quinoa salad to each.

Enjoy 🙂

Photo by Caitlin Wolper