Oatmeal is one of those foods that college students love to hate: it’s quick, easy, and cheap, yet often lacks flavor. Luckily, oatmeal is something that’s easily spiced up. Although I’m notorious for dressing my oats with calorie-laden chocolate chips or brown sugar, there are healthy additives that taste just as sweet and have the nutritional value to keep you energized. This crunchy oatmeal recipe takes only five minutes – so cut time from your morning breakfast routine and I promise, it’ll have even the biggest oatmeal hater falling in love.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 6 minutes
½ cup old-fashioned oats
2 spoonfuls of Greek yogurt, any flavor
1-tablespoon peanut butter
¾ cup Kashi GoLean Crunch (or your favorite crunchy cereal)
- Prepare the oats with one cup of water and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Spoon in two dollops of your favorite Greek yogurt and mix thoroughly.
- Reheat the mixture in the microwave for fifteen seconds, or until warm.
- Stir in one tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Pour the granola into the oatmeal at the end and stir until it’s completely mixed.
- Add your favorite sweetener to taste.