Want an easy appetizer for parties, wine nights with friends, potluck dinners or impressing your parents? Try this healthy pea-avocado spread on crostini for a guilt-free snack packed with vitamins and nutrients. Bonus: you’ll look fancy without any of the hard work.
Crostini With Pea and Avocado Spread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Bag of crostini (you can find this at any grocery store)
2 cups frozen peas
1 medium avocado
¼ cup water
1 cup Parmesan, finely grated
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Pour peas into medium saucepan with enough water to come halfway up their height.
2. Cook on medium-high heat for 3 minutes, until tender.
3. Strain peas.
4. Mash with fork to mostly smooth consistency.
5. Add avocado and mash with peas.
6. Add water, Parmesan, garlic powder, olive oil and salt and pepper to mixture and combine.
7. Spoon dollops of spread on crostini.