A Pinterest recipe calling for hot dog bits in cornbread sounded a little questionable, but we decided to give it a shot anyway. While these muffins are certainly no match for a real deep fried corn dog on a stick, they still stand their ground when it comes to satisfying those junk food cravings. They’re also healthier, cheaper and faster. Mix up the flavors by using some Top Dog hot dogs like the Garlic Frank or the Hot Link.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: about 18 muffins
3 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup milk
1 package hot dogs
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
2. Combine the dry mix, eggs and milk. Beat until well incorporated.
3. Cut hot dogs into about 1 ½-inch pieces.
4. Stir the batter a little. Then, pour into each muffin cup until it’s about 2/3 full.
5. Press a hot dog piece into center of each muffin. Don’t worry if they awkwardly stick out; muffins will rise as they bake.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Serve and enjoy!
For a little twist, try this recipe.