I have known this recipe for a long time, and have made it over the skillet, through the oven and with the microwave, but I don’t know where this recipe originated from. I think of this recipe as one that woke up one day to find itself unexpectedly famous overnight in Korea where dairy products are not as popular or diverse as United States.

Considering that this recipe straightforwardly states itself as easy and cheesy, I estimate it to be a fusion from other Western dishes, made by a young cook. As long as someone has not claimed the recipe, who made it first and where it originated from will remain as a mystery. However, the recipe itself is simple and short and you will find the dish completed before thinking about its unfathomable origin.

Easy

Prep Time: 30 second to 1 minute
Cook Time: 1-2 minutes
Total Time:2-3 minutes

Servings: 1

1 cup corn or 1 can corn niblets

1-2 Tablespoon  Mayonnaise

1 Tablespoon  Sugar

1/3 to 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Photo by Ying Ting

1. If you’re using canned corn, make sure to drain the water to eliminate unnecessary moisture. If you’re using frozen corn kernels, microwave it for 15 to 30 seconds to thaw.

Photo by Ying Ting

2. Mix the corn with mayonnaise and sugar

Photo by Ying Ting

3. Sprinkle them with mozzarella cheese. For an added bonus, if you have a parsley sprinkle it over the cheese for garnish.

Photo by Ying Ting

4. Microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute until the cheese melts.

Photo by Ying Ting

Enjoy!

If you like this recipe, make your own modifications.

Put more or less sugar, or less mayonnaise. If you are a bacon-lover, try putting bacon bits.