Despite all the jokes at Danforth’s expense, the dining hall does boast a few redeeming dishes – one of which is the crunchy s’mores bar. It takes miniaturized versions of the traditional s’mores ingredients to, yield a bigger (ironically), more decadent and, most importantly, shareable treat. I had actually come across this recipe before even coming to UR, but indulging in one – okay, two and a half – of these treats one fateful fall night in D’fo doubled the desire to make them myself.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0
Total Time: 75 minutes
Servings: one 8″x8″ pan (cut bar size for preference)
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
½ teaspoon salt
1 10.5-ounce bag mini marshmallows (yields 5½ cups)
5 cups graham cereal (I used Wegmans Graham Squares, aka off-brand Golden Grahams)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Substitution suggestions: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, dark chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch chips
1. Line an 8″x8″ baking pan with foil.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add salt and 4 cups of marshmallows, continuously stirring.
3. Once the marshmallows have completely melted, take the pan off the stove and stir the cereal in.
4. Let the mixture cool for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining marshmallows.
5. Finally, the chocolate chips.
6. Spread the mixture evenly across the pan, cool at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.
These can be kept at room temperature for 2 days, but I imagine that they would still be good slightly chilled if you wanted to store them in the fridge for longer.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?