We may be heading into summer – the season of ice-cold beverages on blazing hot days – but, right now, when the nights dip into the cool 40’s (in Southern California, that’s chilly) hot cocoa still sounds mighty fine. And what better to accompany a steaming mug than the cookie that embodies those same rich, comforting flavors?
This recipe was inspired by a cold night and a craving for chocolate and marshmallows. The result was a batch of cookies that are soft, chewy, and chocolatey. The molasses and marshmallows give these cookies the perfect, almost brownie-like texture, complemented by gooey chocolate chips.
The best part is that these cookies are incredibly easy to make. So go ahead, indulge!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
1 ¼ cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon molasses
2 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips
1½ cups miniature marshmallows
1. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cocoa.
2. Add the eggs, baking soda, molasses and vanilla.
3. Add the flour, chocolate chips and marshmallows.
4. Allow dough to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30min. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
5. Place generous tablespoon sized mounds of cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (I like to use a cookie dough scoop for this.)
6. Bake for 13 minutes.
Still craving chocolate? These might help:
- 7 Essential Recipes For Chocolate Lovers
- 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- Bakery-Style Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Bonus: This tutorial will show you how to make cookies with hot cocoa mix!