Cheap, nutritious, and delicious. Not only are sweet potatoes tasty, but they provide tons of health benefits too. They provide fiber, a variety of vitamins, potassium and iron in addition to being a healthy source of carbohydrates to keep your energy up all day. Here are some of the best ways to cook sweet potatoes.

Oven-Baked 

Whether it be sweet or savory, a simple baked potato is always a tasty and simple choice. Wash then poke holes in the potato using a fork, place on foil-lined sheet, and finally place it into a 400 degree oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until tender and enjoy!

#SpoonTip: Try out different toppings such as cinnamon, butter, salt and pepper or even peanut butter.

Potato Chips

This chips are a healthy alternative to your typical greasy and salt-loaded Lays. First, wash the potato and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, slice to the potato to desired thickness and lay out on a greased cooking sheet. Drizzle the potato slices with olive oil or spray with a cooking spray and sprinkle with salt (for savory) or cinnamon (for sweet). Cook for about 15-20 minutes then flip the potato chips and place back into the oven for another 15 minutes or to your choice of crispness.

#SpoonTip: Adding more oil/cooking spray helps to make the chips crispier.

Mashed 

Prefer eating your potatoes mashed? To make mashed sweet potatoes, all you have to do is peel and cut the potatoes, boil in water (until they fall apart when you stick them with a fork) and then drain. Once the water is drained, add your desired amount of butter and milk and start smashing! For a simple and tasty side dish, try out this recipe.

Spiraled 

These dancing looking potatoes may look complicated to make, but all they require is a spiralizer, oil, and sweet potatoes! Wash and peel the potatoes, then spiralize them and place onto a greased sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and bake for 10-15 minutes at 450 degrees.