This coconut whipped cream can be an easy dairy-free alternative to regular whipped cream, this heavenly vegan coconut whipped cream might make you scoff at the stuff that comes in a can. In the words of Ina Garten, “How easy is that?!”
Prep Time: Overnight
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 1 day
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup powdered sugar (optional)
1. Store a can of full-fat coconut milk upside down in the fridge overnight. The goal is to have the solids separate from the liquid. Place a medium-sized bowl in the freezer overnight.
2. The following day, open can (still upside down) and drain off coconut milk that is still left, the rest will be more solid. You can drink this plain or add it to smoothies.
3. Place coconut solids into the chilled bowl.
4. If you’re adding vanilla and/or powdered sugar, do so now.
5. Using an electric stand or hand-held mixer, whip the coconut solids on a medium-high setting until everything is combined and smooth, 1-3 minutes.
6. Use immediately or keep it in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
Put this on your favorite breakfast foods, alternative ice cream or make quick and easy vegan strawberry shortcake:
1. Make Minimalist Baker’s vegan biscuits
2. Smother with your coconut whipped cream
3. Add fresh strawberries
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?
More stuff you can put coconut whipped cream on: