It’s time to get excited about scrambled eggs again. Scrambled eggs may seem less chic than an omelette or a poached egg, but they can be as upscale as you want to make them. Using varied spices, vegetables and delicious cheeses you can turn your scrambled eggs into a gourmet experience. This recipe calls for the use of both goat cheese and chili flakes. The goat cheese adds a nice, tart richness to the dish, while the chili flakes add just the right amount of spice to cut through the traditional heaviness of the eggs.

Level: Easy

Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 11 minutes

Servings: 2

5 eggs
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup of goat cheese
Dash of red chili flakes (to taste)
Salt and pepper, to taste

Photo by Christina Cala

1. In a medium sized mixing bowl crack five eggs, making sure that none of the shell gets into the bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs until completely blended (the consistency of the eggs should be smooth with no lumps).
3. Pour the milk into the bowl, and add the chili flakes as well, whisk until combined.

Photo by Christina Cala

4. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat.
5. Once the butter has melted, add the egg mixture to the pan.
6. Stir constantly, breaking down any large chunks of egg that form.
7. Once the eggs are mostly set, about 4 minutes, add the cheese to the pan, stirring the cheese into the eggs until it has melted and distributed evenly into the eggs, about 1 minute.

Photo by Denise Lu

8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Divide the scrambled eggs between two plates and serve immediately.

Photo by Christina Cala