This post is sponsored by ConAgra Foods.

I’ll never understand how some people can skip breakfast. Who wouldn’t want to eat first thing in the morning? Breakfast foods are always reliable, usually require little fuss, and they can be sweet or savory (or both). Without breakfast, the rest of the day simply cannot go on for me.

Typically, I like breakfast foods that are quick to make and high in protein so I don’t end up snacking all day. This microwaveable cinnamon roll oatmeal soufflé is the quintessential breakfast — it is full of protein that will fuel you through the morning, requires few ingredients and little time, and satisfies every sweet tooth craving. The best part? You can make it in your very own dorm room, teeny tiny apartment or office kitchen with just a humble microwave and mug. The awesome part? You probably have all of these ingredients on hand or can snag ’em from the dining hall takeaway bar or local store.

Bonus? Recent research found eating a high protein breakfast with Egg Beaters, like this soufflé, may not only affect how full and satisfied you feel during the morning, but may help you eat less over the entire day. Recent research at Creighton University found that of the 31 female college women they observed, those who ate a protein-rich egg white breakfast made with Egg Beaters® Original reduced daily caloric intake by 178 calories and increased protein intake by 14 grams, when compared to a toaster pastry breakfast.

They also found that the egg white breakfast was more filling and satisfying than a toaster pastry. So instead of grabbing a pastry, bagel, croissant or waffle, try making this delicious creation to get your whole grains and protein while satisfying your sweet tooth.

Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Soufflé

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:4 minutes
  • Total Time:9 minutes

• 3/4 cup instant oatmeal
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • Nuts and berries for topping (optional)

Gather ingredients. Spray inside of a mug with PAM Cooking Spray.

Combine oatmeal, water, and Egg Beaters® Original in the mug. Mix well.

Add in vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix well.

Microwave for 4 minutes.

#SpoonTip: Keep an eye on the mug, as the souffle will rise and might overflow.

Let the mug cool for 1-2 minutes.

#SpoonTip: Add toppings like berries and nuts for an even tastier breakfast.