Go Get Em Tiger, a small cafe in Los Angeles, just created 2015’s essential dessert mash-up: the churro waffle. Forget crookies, cronuts and brookies, the churro waffle is ready to take over your tastebuds. It is light, fluffy, crunchy, cinnamon-y and sugary just like a churro. But it’s shaped like a waffle.
This might be the single best bite of food you have all year. What are you waiting for? Invite your friends over and whip up a batch of the next big thing. #treatyoself
P.S. this ridiculous new mashup needs a fun celebrity name. Something like chuffle or waffuro. Comment with any ideas you have. The more creative, the better.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
For the batter:
1/2 cup of water
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
For the topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the chocolate sauce:
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
1. Combine heavy cream and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add chocolate.
3. Stir until melted and set aside.
For the waffles:
1. Add butter, water, salt, sugar and cinnamon to a small sauce pan. Simmer over high heat.
2. When mixture melts, add flour. On medium heat, stir furiously for a minute.
3. Batter should should look doughy and dense. Turn heat off and let mixture cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat waffle iron.
4. Add eggs one at a time, stirring thoroughly.
5. Scoop about a 1/4 cup of batter into each square of iron. Batter spreads, so no need to overfill iron.
6. Cook waffles for about 6- 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, combine the sugar and cinnamon to make the topping.
8. Take waffles out and toss them in sugar topping while they are still warm.
9. Drizzle chocolate sauce on top and enjoy!
For more awesome sweet treats check out these recipes: