Suit up, gladiators. Olivia Pope and her associates are back and ready to tackle on an all-new season of Scandal. It’s time to grab the wine, the munchies, and your closest friends to kick off Season 5. Here’s a few show-time snacks to set the tone for some much needed and anticipated steamy action.

Olivia’s favorite snack while being comfy on the couch, this churro popcorn should satisfy all your dinner and dessert cravings. Right, Jake? Here are a few other types of equally delicious popcorn recipes if cinnamon is not your thing.

Add this sweet and salty coffee & roasted almond dark chocolate bark to your duo of scandalous snacks. Whether it’s teaming with Mellie or rooting for Fitz and Olivia, this bark should help solve your problems. Spice it up with bacon bits or keep it casual with some crushed candy or dried fruit.

Now that the snacks are in place, sit back, open a bottle of your best red wine to toast off the season, and get ready for some turmoil. Happy munching and happy watching.

Churro popcorn

Churro Popcorn

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:10 minutes

• 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
  • 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
  • 3 tablespoon salted butter
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
Photo by Stephanie Marchuk

Place the popcorn kernels in a paper bag. Microwave for about 90 seconds or until popping slows down. Remove from bag and place into bowl and add a sprinkle of salt.

In a small bowl, stir the powdered sugar, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter and melt the cinnamon chips. Stir to combine.

Pour the cinnamon chips over the popcorn and quickly (use rubber spatula!), fold until well coated. Add the powdered sugar mixture and mini dark chocolate chips.

Coffee & Roasted Almond Chocolate Bark

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes
  • Servings:10 servings

• 12 oz dark chocolate
  • 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
  • 1/2 teaspoon coffee powder
Photo by Gabriela Rajic

Line a baking pan with foil and set aside.

Finely chop the chocolate and melt it in a saucepan on medium heat. When the chocolate is fully melted, add the instant coffee powder and stir well. Add about 1/4 cup of the nuts and mix.

Pour the chocolate and nut mixture onto the foil pan. Spread it into a layer of about 1/2 cm thickness. Let it harden (it will harden faster in the fridge). Then serve and enjoy!