These are probably the easiest impressive-looking cookies out there. All you have to do is blend the ingredients together, roll the mixture in sugar, bake and voila! Something magical happens as these cookies expand in the oven, and you get the most beautiful crinkle-y cookies ever. These cookies seem to get huge (more to eat!) and thus need a decent amount of room to spread on the baking sheets. Overall, this is a great, easy recipe to make in your dorm for any occasion: whether it be a celebration, a gift to your professor after seeing your midterm grade or just because you want cookies!

Easy

Prep time: 30 minutes+ 4 hours inactive time
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 4 hours and 40 minutes

Servings: 24 cookies

1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions:

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

1. In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar and vegetable oil. Use either a wooden spoon or rubber spatula (this batter is too thick for a whisk).

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

2. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

3. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Be careful not to knock all the flour out– the dough will be very thick.

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

4. Cover dough and chill for at least 4 hours. This is a necessary step or else you won’t be able to roll the dough in powdered sugar.

5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray them with cooking spray.

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

6. Scoop out the dough (it will be firmer now) and roll dough into one inch balls. If the dough begins to get very sticky, throw it back in the fridge for a few minutes to firm it back up and then continue scooping!

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

7. Roll each ball around in the powdered sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets. For the best looking crinkles, fully coat the dough balls in powdered sugar. Don’t press down on the sugar to make it stick (it’ll end up odd-looking).

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

8. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.

cookies

Photo by Emma Delaney

9. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.