This chocolate bread pudding is a perfect for this time of the year. It’s rich and decadent, yet easy to make in the midst of a crazed holiday schedule. With its simple ingredients and no-fuss preparation, you can spontaneously throw it together to end any meal on a high-note.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
1 loaf white bread (tip: you can use up stale bread with this recipe)
4 tablespoons butter
3 cups chocolate chips
2 cups whole milk
1 /4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Toast bread, rip into medium sized pieces and arrange in an oven-proof dish.
3. Combine chocolate chips, butter and milk and microwave on high, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and thoroughly combined.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Combine all ingredients and pour over the bread.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.