These apple pops are easier to eat than a classic candy apple but they’re just as Insta-worthy and totally customizable. They also allow you to get some use out of those apples that have been sitting around your apartment since you went apple picking.

Eating a candy or caramel apple can be extremely messy, and I for one hate getting caramel and peanuts stuck in my teeth. These apple pops also allow you bite through the entire slice, instead of picking away at a whole apple.

You can make them as thick or as thin as you'd like, but make sure when you cut your apple pops you keep in mind that if you cut them too thick you may need more apples to create six servings.

Chocolate Apple Pops

• 1 cup large chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 3 large apples
  • Caramel sauce for drizzling
  • Melted white chocolate for drizzling
  • Crushed oreos or any other cookie you’d like
  • Crushed Pretzels
  • Sprinkles
  • M&Ms
  • Chopped peanuts
  • Any other toppings you love on candy apples
chocolate, candy, cake, sweet, goody, sprinkles, cake pop
Tara Stacy

Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer. Place a bowl over the pan without touching the bottom of the pan and put chocolate chips in the bowl. Stir until the chocolate is melted, then stir in the coconut oil.

chocolate, milk, cream, sweet, coffee, candy
    Tara Stacy

Place apples upright on a cutting board and cut into horizontal slices from the top of the apple to the bottom (you should have two or three slices per apple). Using a knife, make a small hole in the bottom of the apple slice and insert a popsicle stick.

chocolate, sweet, dairy product, cream, apple, milk
    Tara Stacy

Cover a baking sheet with wax paper and spray with cooking spray and place your apple pops on top.

apple, sweet, chocolate
    Tara Stacy

Dip your apple pops in the melted chocolate and put them on the baking sheet. Put them in the fridge until chocolate sets (5-10 minutes).

chocolate, candy, sweet, cake, goody
    Tara Stacy

Drizzle the apple pops with caramel sauce and melted white chocolate and add whatever toppings you’d like. Place them back in the fridge until the white chocolate and caramel set (5 minutes).

chocolate, candy, cake, cake pop, sweet, lollipop, goody, sprinkles
    Tara Stacy

Voila! Now you're all set to serve your apple pops at your upcoming Halloween party, or if you want to save them, you can just stick them back in the fridge...but they probably won't last long!

chocolate, sprinkles, cake, doughnut, cream, candy
Tara Stacy