Just because you’re lazy doesn’t mean you don’t get dessert. And by dessert, I don’t mean plowing through an entire jar of Nutella, armed with only a spoon. That is barbaric (though not beneath me.) This peanut butter chocolate pie requires minimal strain on your part and is more than worth it. I opted for peanut butter cookies from my local farmers’ market but you could always overachieve and make your own, or just hit up the grocery store for some prepackaged goodness.
Prep Time: 5 minutes (hands on), 2 hours (hands off)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
Servings: 1 pie
4-5 peanut butter cookies (depending on size)
6 tablespoons butter, cubed
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
12 ounces chocolate
Pinch of vanilla bean
1. Preheat oven at 350º F.
2. Crush up cookies into small crumbs and combine with butter in a food processor or by hand until mixture is moist.
3. Press the mixture into a pie dish so the bottom and sides are fully covered. Use a flat-bottomed cup to even out the bottom by pressing gently on the crust.
4. Bake for 15 minutes in middle rack. Remove and let cool for 1 hour.
5. Melt chocolate by microwaving on high at 30 second intervals until smooth.
6. Heat cream and vanilla in medium saucepan until boiling, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove cream mixture from heat and whisk together with chocolate until combined.
8. Pour chocolate into crust when cool and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Want more easy desserts?