Have you been searching for a new dessert recipe that will wow the family this winter? Tired of the usual holiday cookie staples, but still want the same winter-inspired flavors? Look no further.
These Chai Tea cupcakes are the perfect way to introduce something new and downright delectable to the dessert table, and you can guarantee they’ll be gone faster than you can say “Jingle Bells”.
I top these cupcakes with my favorite brand of vanilla frosting and personally added dashes of cinnamon, cardamom and ginger until it’s nice and spicy. But feel free to use any icing your heart desires (chocolate and cream cheese varieties are also excellent options).
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 12 cupcakes
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
2 large egg yolks
1/2 cup brewed Chai Tea of your choice (Here are some great suggestions)
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line 12 muffin cups (1 tin) with cupcake liners.
3. Brew Chai Tea by steeping 2 bags in 1/2 cup of hot water.
4. Set tea aside to steep.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
6. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
7. Add sugar to butter and cream together until well combined and fluffy.
8. Add egg, egg yolks and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.
9. Alternately add brewed tea and flour mixture to wet ingredients.
10. Spoon batter evenly into cupcake tin until about 3/4 full.
11. Bake about 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
12. Cool for 5 minutes before topping with icing of your choice.