If your childhood was anything like mine, your parents didn’t have sugary cereals in the house. While at the time you felt like you were missing out with your Raisin Bran and Smart Start, now you can finally have a cool kid breakfast. This Cap’n Crunch French toast adds a new crunchy twist on traditional French toast with (thankfully) little labor required.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 8 pieces
4 cups Cap’n Crunch cereal
¼ cup butter
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
8 slices thick bread (such as brioche, challah or Texas toast)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Evenly butter a Pyrex pan.
3. Put Cap’n Crunch cereal in a Ziploc bag and crush to the consistency of your liking (side note: great way to get some aggression out). It can be the consistency of a dust or a bit chunky.
4. Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon.
5. Thoroughly soak a slice of bread in the egg mixture. (We used potato bread, but any thick white bread will work so it won’t break after soaking).
6. Take the soaked bread slice and coat evenly with the crushed Cap’n Crunch, then place in Pyrex pan to bake.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
8. Set for 1 minute to cool.
9. Devour your delicious French toast with some maple syrup, or if you’re feeling dangerous, Nutella.
For more delicious breakfast articles, check these out: