Whether it’s the morning after Thanksgiving or just an above-average Sunday, certain mornings call for amazing brunch performances. On such mornings, when cereal or quick pancakes just won’t cut it, candied bacon can help you forget about the horrors of Monday, if only for a little while. The combination of the smoky, salty goodness of bacon and caramelized brown sugar and cinnamon will transform your standard Sunday morning breakfast into a magical brunch usually reserved for Christmas mornings back home. This is a recipe that my mom used to save for special occasions, but lately my family has been pulling this bad boy out for random weekend breakfasts as well.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes about 15 slices of candied bacon
1 pound regular sliced bacon
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Thoroughly coat each slice of bacon with brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
4. Place bacon on a cookie sheet, making sure the slices don’t overlap.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bacon is crisp and sugar is bubbly.
6. Cool on foil and serve (I’ve also heard of this being served with everything from ice cream to martinis, so surf the web for innovative ideas).