Pasta is an absolute staple in the diet of any college student, but sometimes it can get a little boring eating the same old pasta with the same old tomato sauce. The lemon and white wine in this sauce add such freshness and sophistication that people will never guess it was made in just 15 minutes. This versatile dish can be whipped up on the busiest of weeknights or for a special occasion.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
4 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ tablespoons flour
1/3 cup white wine
Juice from 1 lemon
¼ cup capers, optional
Salt, to taste
1. In a small frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter on medium-high heat.
2. When butter is melted, add garlic.
3. Sauté until tender and fragrant.
4. Add flour and stir to combine.
5. Add white wine to deglaze pan.
6. Turn heat down to low and let alcohol from the wine cook off. Let it reduce until liquid has returned to the original amount before adding the wine.
7. Turn heat back up to medium-high and add lemon juice.
8. Add remaining two tablespoons of butter.
9. Stir to combine, then serve over pasta of your choice and top with capers, if using.