Parfait is French for perfect, which is what this snack really is. A parfait consists of the perfect balance of some of your favorite ingredients, layered together, to form a crave-worthy snack. You often see parfaits on the shelves at fast food restaurants, but some “healthy looking” parfaits can be quite deceiving. A lot of the parfaits prepared in these places are packed with calories and a whole lot of sugar. To avoid the high calorie count and enjoy the amazing benefits of a parfait, follow this guide and build your own!
Regular or Greek yogurt
Healthy granola or cereal
Chocolate chips or another sweet alternative
Tall cup or glass
1. Choose your favorite “go to” Greek yogurt to fill the bottom of the cup.
2. Pick your favorite healthy granola or cereal to give your parfait the perfect texture.
3. Pile on some more yogurt.
4. Add small fruits like berries or sliced banana.
5. See step 3.
6. Top off your parfait with some chocolate chips.
My favorite parfait ingredients:
1. Fage fat free plain Greek yogurt
2. Kashi Go Lean Crunch
3. Blueberries and sliced banana
4. Guittard extra dark chocolate chip
Looking to make your own granola? Try this recipe!