In a time when food allergies, food intolerances and extreme diets are increasingly common, it is difficult to cook or bake a crowd-pleaser without the risk of the reply being, “Oh, I can’t eat that.” Maybe you are that person who has annoying allergies, intolerances or voluntary restrictions. This buckwheat banana bread not only has great alliteration but is also vegan and gluten-free. Factor in its deliciousness, and it will leave you and your finicky friends wondering why the buck you didn’t know about this beforehand.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 1 loaf of bread or 20 muffins
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and assemble ingredients.
2. Mash bananas and mix wet ingredients. Tip: save some time mashing bananas by putting them in a blender.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. If desired, add chopped walnuts at this time.
4. Pour batter into greased loaf pan or muffin tins.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, serve and enjoy while making so many buckin’ puns.