With a perfect combination of sweet brown sugar and the light flavor of coffee, these cookies are guaranteed to wake you up. Every coffee lover has a favorite drink, so why not have a favorite cookie too? It gets boring ordering the same drink every day. The next time you’re craving something that will satisfy your sweet tooth and give you your caffeine fix, shake things up and reach for one of these instead.

Brown Sugar Coffee Cookies

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:20 minutes
  • Total Time:35 minutes
  • Servings:about 12 cookies

• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoon instant coffee of your choice
Photo by Haley Greco

Preheat oven to 300° F

Cream butter with the sugars using an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until mixed.

Photo by Haley Greco

In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and beat in butter mixture. Add in the coffee powder until it’s evenly distributed throughout.

#SpoonTip: if you really want to take your cookies to the next level, this would be a good time to add chocolate chips

Photo by Haley Greco

Use an ice cream scoop or a 2 tbsp. measure and drop cookie dough onto a well-greased pan about 3 inches apart. Gently flatten the dough with the back of the scoop to help the cookie spread into circle. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown but the cookie is still soft in the middle.

Photo by Haley Greco