These breakfast almond raisin bites not only taste too good to be true, but they’re also healthy! They are an excellent source of energy to start your morning right, and, when frozen, they taste just like oatmeal cookies.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: About 15
Recipe adapted from Nourished: The Art of Eating and Living Well
1 cup chunky almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil (microwave for 20 seconds)
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup dried and shredded coconut
2/3 cup raisins
1/8 cup pecans
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch ginger
1 pinch sea salt
- Combine melted coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup in a medium sized bowl.
- Once dough is thoroughly mixed, add in all the remaining ingredients (leave ½ cup shredded coconut aside) and use hands to combine.
- Roll the dough into small balls.
- Roll each ball in the remaining shredded coconut to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to 15 days.