Switch up your chicken dish by buying dark meat instead of white — you’ll be happy to hear that chicken thighs are half the price and twice as flavorful. This inexpensive recipe comes together in five short steps.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 chicken thighs
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
¼ cup chicken stock
Salt to taste
1. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and season with salt.
2. Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat, then brown chicken in one even layer, five minutes per side. If it doesn’t all fit, do a second batch.
3. Move chicken onto separate plate, and remove most of the rendered fat with paper towel, leaving a little behind.
4. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Mix in canned tomatoes, chicken stock and season with salt. Bring to a simmer.
5. Place chicken thighs in pan and cover with lid. Cook for 20 minutes.