I am hopelessly addicted to buffalo wings. I love boneless buffalo wings so much, I even sacrifice my gluten-free lifestyle every time I eat them. One day, it hit me: there had to be a way to get my fix without the stomachache from glutens and fried foods afterwards. These wings have the same flavors as classic boneless wings, but without the unnecessary added calories from frying. They’re incredibly easy to make and you can even make them gluten-free if you use gluten-free breadcrumbs. Win-win? I’d say so.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
1/4 cup flour
1 egg, whisked
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used gluten-free)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large chicken breast
2 tablespoons butter or butter substitute
3/4 cup buffalo sauce
Ranch or bleu cheese dressing, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1-2 inch cubes.
3. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne to breadcrumbs and stir until fully combined.
4. Prepare flour, whisked egg and breadcrumbs in individual bowls. Dip chicken into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
5. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
6. Brown chicken in pan, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Transfer to baking sheet and bake until fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
8. While chicken is cooking, melt butter in microwave.
9. Combine melted butter and buffalo sauce.
10. When tenders are done cooking, toss in the buffalo sauce mixture.
11. Serve with celery and ranch or bleu cheese dressing.