Nothing beats snacking on a handful of fresh summer berries, well except baking those tasty morsels into a mouthwatering blueberry crisp. Packed with protein and vitamins, this dessert can also turn into an afternoon snack or even breakfast. One bite and you will be counting the minutes until your next serving, that is if you don’t eat the whole pan at once.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
3 cups blueberries
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup flour
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Butter the pan to prevent sticking.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to the mixing bowl.
4. Add about 3 cups of blueberries.
Tip: make sure to wash the blueberries.
5. Add in about 3 tablespoons of honey.
7. Pour into the buttered pan.
8. Even out blueberries and set aside.
9. To the now empty mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup of oats.
10. Add 1 cup of flour to the oats.
11. Add 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
12. Add a couple shakes of cinnamon.
13. Mix everything together.
14. Melt ½ cup of butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
15. Add the butter to the flour mixture.
16. Mix until the batter becomes crumbly.
17. Add to the blueberry mixture.
18. Bake for 30 minutes.
19. Take out of the oven and let cool before devouring.