Spoon University Logo
Recipes

The Best 2-Ingredient Mug Recipes That Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth

As the crisp fall weather approaches, one of the many things we all want to do is cozy up under a blanket with our favorite sweet treat. With it being too cold for ice cream (even though I think it’s acceptable to eat all year round), it can be hard to find a dessert that is quick and easy to enjoy. But what if we told you that we had a solution for this problem? Specifically,  there’s such a thing as a 2-ingredient dessert that is simple and sweet, requiring little effort to cook. Well, get ready because this list of 2-ingredient mug recipes will be the essentials you need to spice up your fall routine. So before you start reading, get into your comfy clothes, gather your favorite fall blanket, switch on your ideal comfort show (Gilmore Girls is the only right answer), and gather your preferred microwave-safe mug. These recipes will have you re-inventing the way you do dessert forever.

Pumpkin Spice Oreo Mug Cake

The first mug recipe by TikTok creators @ImHungryForThat, of course, has to include milk’s favorite cookie. While you can use any Oreo flavor, the Pumpkin Spice-flavored Oreos might be the best one to match the season.

For this recipe, you’ll need a microwave-safe mug, your milk of choice, and about five or six of your pumpkin spice Oreos. The first step is to fill your mug with the cookies and pour in your milk until it has hit the halfway point of your mug. Next, you’ll need to grab a fork and crush your cookies until they’re smooth and almost fully combined with the milk. It may look a bit chunky at first, but trust the process and it’ll be delicious.

Finally, place your mixture in the microwave for about two minutes, grab your utensil of choice, and take a bite out of your ooey-gooey dessert! Trust me, it really is that easy.

Funfetti Mug Cake

Whenever I reach for a dessert, my eyes are always on the lookout for some Funfetti. But, sometimes it can be a lot to go through the process of re-creating it at home, but no fear, here’s how to make your own single-serve Funfetti mug cake with help from TikTok creator @healthfood.

Of course, you’ll need your essential microwave-safe mug, Funfetti cake mix, and your preferred kind of milk. You’ll want to add about two tablespoons of the cake mix and one tablespoon of milk to your mug, and make sure to give it a good stir. Feel free to even add your own sprinkles for some color. Then you can microwave your mixture for around a minute and 30 seconds for the perfect fluffy, moist cake consistency.

Biscoff Mug Cake

Biscoff cookies are the perfect treat when you’re looking for flavors of cinnamon, spice, and even some caramel. So why not turn these fan-favorite cookies into a cake, with a perfect recipe from TikTok creator @sweetportfolio?

For this next recipe, you’re going to want to grab a handful of the Biscoff biscuits, probably around five or six, and, again, your favorite kind of milk. Cookie butter is optional. Place your cookies into the bottom of your mug, and fill the rest halfway with your milk. You’ll want to grab a fork to mash these two ingredients together, making sure to get rid of as many chunks as possible. Once your ingredients are mixed together, place it into the microwave for two minutes, and then let it sit to cool. Now, looks might be deceiving, but trust me, once you take a bite out of this, you’ll be in love.

Chocolate Fudge Mug Cake

If you’re a chocolate lover, TikTok creator @harperhomestead has made the ideal mug cake for you. This next recipe calls for a more specific ingredient, which is Betty Crocker’s iconic cake mix in the flavor “Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge.” You’ll also need a milk of your choosing. 

Of course, starting with your mug, pour in five tablespoons of the chocolate fudge cake mix and three tablespoons of your mix. Make sure to stir it well until you get a thick, batter-like consistency. Next, you’ll want to place it in the microwave for a minute to get a chewy, brownie core.

Optional: feel free to add a handful of chocolate chips to the top of your cake for some extra richness, and dig in!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake

This next recipe from @sweetportfolio features one of the best duos out there, milk and cookies! You’ve already memorized the first step by now, but once again grab your favorite microwave-safe mug from your cabinet. Next, you’ll need around five or six chocolate chip cookies, (homemade, store-bought Chips Ahoy, we won’t judge) and your choice of milk. Fill the bottom of your mug with the cookies, and pour in your milk until only the tops of your cookies are visible. Mash your ingredients together with a fork until the only chunks left are chocolate chips, and you are left with a thick batter. Feel free to add even more chocolate chips for extra sweetness.

Finally, place it in the microwave for two to two and a half minutes, and get ready to indulge. If you’re looking for your cookie cake to be extra crispy you can even try this in the air fryer

Juliana is a writer for Spoon University's National Writers Program. She reports on all things food and any new foodie trends circulating social media. Before joining Spoon University, Juliana was a staff writer for her university's student-run newspaper, the Suffolk Journal, when she was attending Suffolk University in the heart of Boston. She wrote a variety of articles that covered Arts, campus life, student clubs, and News. She is going to be a junior at Endicott College in the fall with a major in Journalism. Juliana loves going on walks, working out, hanging out with family and friends, and watching her favorite TV shows in her spare time. Some of her favorite foods come from recipes rooted in her family's Portuguese culture.