There are so many different takes on banana bread. Some opt for walnuts, but I prefer chocolate chips. A common version includes sliced bananas, but I think it's best when they are completely mashed and incorporated in the bread.

Several recipes call for melted butter, but creaming the butter and sugar together gives it a much fluffier and rich texture. As I'm sure you're wondering, what makes this banana bread exceptionally moist is sour cream.

Bet you haven't seen that one before, huh? It does a phenomenal job making the bread rich and keeping it moist, and no one will even know that it's in there. 

Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 15 mins

• 1/2 cup butter softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 ripe bananas mashed
banana, peanut butter, peanut
Photo by Jennifer Elias

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9x5" in loaf pan.

In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a handheld mixer until pale and fluffy.

milk, coffee
    Photo by Jennifer Elias

Add in the eggs and vanilla until combined.

egg
    Photo by Jennifer Elias

Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, sour cream, and mushed bananas. Mix until smooth.

Photo by Jennifer Elias

Fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly incorporated, then pour mixture into greased pan.

chocolate, milk, cream
    Photo by Jennifer Elias

Bake at 350˚F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.

ice, ice cream, cake
    Photo by Jennifer Elias

Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to eat.

chocolate, cake, pie, bread, sweet
    Photo by Jennifer Elias

Now that you're all done, you are ready to cut yourself a piece. Try making this recipe for a holiday dessert, or even for a gathering of friends or family. You can always substitute the chocolate chips for other add-ins like nuts or seeds, but who doesn't love chocolate? Whatever you decide to toss in, I guarantee the bread will be devoured in a flash.