The overripe bananas and chocolate chips in this recipe give the bread extra sweetness, while the walnuts provide it with a hearty body. Add some shredded carrots or substitute the chocolate chips with raisons to create a fruity, carrot cake variation.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Servings: 2 loaves
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons salt
3 overripe bananas
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil two 4×8-inch loaf pans.
2. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and oil in a large bowl. Add mashed bananas, too. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Make sure the chocolates and walnuts are blended well with the flour so they don’t sink to the bottom of the loaf while baking.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until you can’t see any more flour.
5. Pour mixture into the two pans and place in the oven.
6. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow bread to cool and enjoy.
Stay on top of you banana bread game with these great articles: