So it’s your roommate’s birthday, and you like her and everything; but going shopping for a gift is just not going to happen today. Or perhaps it’s exam season, and you need to get that snack fix or else you might end up begging some random freshman to swipe you into Crossroads for Late Night so you can devour a quesadilla, a bowl of orange chicken and three cookies. Whatever the dilemma is, these chocolate pretzel bites are the solution. Quick and simple, they’re going to ease your mind in no time!

Easy

Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 3 minutes
Cool time: 15 minutes
Total time: 23 minutes

Servings: around 72 pretzel bites (It may seem like a lot, but trust me…they’ll be gone before you know it.)

1 bag of tiny twist pretzels
1 bag of Hershey’s kisses
1 box of regular M&Ms

chocolate pretzel bites

Photo by Rozina Fonyo

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Arrange pretzels on a baking sheet. I counted how many Hershey’s kisses were in the bag and used that many pretzels.

chocolate pretzel bites

Photo by Rozina Fonyo

2. Place a single kiss on top of each pretzel. I used dark chocolate kisses, but you can vary the flavors. I’ve also heard Rolos work well.

chocolate pretzel bites

Photo by Rozina Fonyo

3. Bake for 3 minutes. Don’t be fooled; the chocolate will retain its shape even though it’s melted. You can tell by the way the kisses shine (or by touching them…or by tasting one…or two…).

chocolate pretzel bites

Photo by Rozina Fonyo

4. As soon as they’re out of the oven, press an M&M into each kiss to flatten it. (TIP: if you run out of M&Ms, you can top with another pretzel to make a sandwich.)

chocolate pretzel bites

Photo by Rozina Fonyo

5. You can transfer them onto a plate or keep them on the cookie sheet. Cool in the fridge until the chocolate hardens, 10-15 minutes.

chocolate pretzel bites

Photo by Rozina Fonyo

Go Bears!

chocolate pretzel bites

Photo by Rozina Fonyo

Recipe from foodgawker.com

More good stuff here: