I think we’ve all gotten the memo that IT’S FALL OMG PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! But have the stores thought about those of us who might hate pumpkin? Definitely not. Now don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin. So much so that I end up making pumpkin bread the first cold (i.e. less than 70 degrees) day of the year. But sometimes, I just want to throw all of my canned pumpkin against the wall because I. Just. Can’t. Eat. Anymore. In that vein, I have concocted a truly magnificent baked peach recipe that all of you worn-down pumpkin veterans are sure to love.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 fresh peach that is slightly ripened
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit. Place peach halves face up on a baking sheet.
- Put ½ tablespoon of butter in the center of each pit.
- Sprinkle peach halves with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the peach is tender.
- Put peach halves on a plate and put a heaping spoonful (or more!) of yogurt onto each half. Serve warm and enjoy!
Check out these recipes for more anti-pumpkin goodness: