Every fall, all I want to do is consume anything and everything warm and comforting. From soups and stews to roasted squash and tea, if it’s hot and seasonal, I’m all over it.
This baked Brie is the embodiment of everything perfect about fall, from its ooey-gooey insides to its sweet and salty flavor combination. The Brie is decadently smothered in fig jam and then wrapped in flaky puff pastry before being baked to golden brown perfection. It doesn’t get any easier or any more decadent than this. Another bonus is that it’s easy enough to make in your dorm room kitchen! (Trust me, I did it myself.)
A huge thanks to Whole Foods Market Georgetown for the ingredients used to make this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Recipe Notes: Depending on the ratio of puff pastry to Brie that you prefer, you can choose to use either an 8-oz. wheel or a 12-oz. wheel. The smaller the wheel, the thicker the puff pastry crust will be.
1 sheet refrigerated puff pastry
1 jar fruit compote of choice (fig, apple, mango, strawberry, etc.)
1 8 or 12-oz. wheel of Brie
Crackers for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Remove puff pastry from packaging and place on baking sheet.
3. Place unwrapped Brie wheel in the middle of the puff pastry sheet.
4. Smear a generous amount of fruit compote on one side of the Brie (2 to 4 tablespoons).
5. Flip the Brie over and repeat step 4 on the other side.
6. Gently wrap the edges of the puff pastry around the Brie wheel, making sure to cover the entire wheel.
7. Seal the edges of the pastry together by pinching them with your fingers.
8. Place the Brie in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the puff pastry looks golden brown and flaky.
9. Serve with crackers and enjoy!
Want more cheese, please? Check these out:
Thanks to Whole Foods Market for being a proud Spoon sponsor.