Looking to make a quick and easy dessert that you can feel good and healthy about eating? Well look no further; these baked apples are sure to do the trick.

Medium

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: About 40 minutes

Servings: 6

Photo taken by Sandy Huang

6 apples
Dried cranberries
Walnuts
Cinnamon toast crunch cereal or substitute
Cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and core apples, making sure all seeds are removed.

2. Place apples in a baking pot and pour enough water -about a 1/4- 1/2 inch in height  to ensure that apples stay moist while baking.

Photo by Sandy Huang

3. Place the rest of the ingredients, dried cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon toast crunch, in the cored part of the apples until contents fill to the top of the cores. Sprinkle cinnamon over creation. Following this step, place leftover ingredients straight into the water in order to maximize liquid taste (since the water will be used a liquid sweet sauce later on).

4. Place pot in oven and let apples bake for about 20-30 minutes or until thoroughly baked. Remove apples from oven.

Photo taken by Sandy Huang

5. Pour some of the liquid from the bottom of the pot on top of the apples. Also, top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a creamy, savory addition.

Bon Appetit! Feel free to mix up the ingredients depending on availability or to mix up the taste a bit.

Photo taken by Sandy Huang