Bacon-wrapped mozzarella. Break that down and you’ll find two of the three main food groups of today’s society. If you combine bacon or cheese, in any part of your meal, you’re going to have a good time. Heck, they’re even amazing on their own (much like Will Smith in I am Legend). You’re probably thinking to yourself, “What do Will Smith and food have to do with each other?”

Well, much like Will Smith and the great actor that he is, these two food items are perfect alone with no other foods. But, imagine if you pair a great Will Smith with another great Martin Lawrence; you get the hit classics Bad Boys I & II. That’s exactly how you would describe these bacon-wrapped mozzarella bombs.

Bacon-Wrapped Mozzarella Bombs

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:25 minutes
  • Servings:3-5 servings
  • Advanced

• 1 tube Pillsbury biscuits
  • 6 oz block buffalo mozzarella
  • 5 bacon slices cut in half
  • 10 toothpicks
  • 1 quart vegetable oil
Photo by Christopher Garcia

Cube the cheese into ten pieces.

Gif by Christopher Garcia

Place a cheese cube inside a biscuit, then cover the cheese completely by rolling it together in your hands.

Gif by Christopher Garcia

Set stove to medium heat and pour vegetable oil into large pan.

Gif by Christopher Garcia

Cut bacon in half and wrap around the biscuits, then insert a toothpick to hold the bacon in place.

Gif by Christopher Garcia

Fry 1-3 bombs at a time for five minutes, or until each side is cooked.

Gif by Christopher Garcia

Remove the bombs from oil and set on a paper towel to cool and remove excess oil. Once cooled remove toothpicks and enjoy.

Gif by Christopher Garcia