Do you like bacon? (Who in their right mind would say no to this question?) Do you like sausage? Do you like tater tots? If you answered yes to all these questions, you are in for a treat. Literally. This ultimate breakfast meal is filled with sausage, bacon, eggs, cheese and tater tots. It has all you could ever want for breakfast piled into one pan. If this was my last day here on Earth and I had just one more meal left to eat, this dish would without a doubt be my choice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
5 slices bacon
1 package breakfast sausage (turkey or pork)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups whole milk
½ teaspoon ground pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 lbs frozen tater tots
3 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. First off, preheat the oven to 350°F. Cook already dethawed breakfast sausage in a skillet over medium heat for around 7 minutes. Once they are mostly cooked, cut them up into smaller pieces and cook for a couple minutes longer. Then, line the bottom of an already greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan with these little cooked sausages. Sprinkle two cups of cheese on top.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together milk, eggs, salt, pepper and onion powder. I recommend breaking and whisking the eggs together in a separate bowl before incorporating it in with the milk mixture.
3. Pour the milk mixture directly on top of the sausage and cheese in the baking pan.
4. Now it is time for the tots. Layer the tots on top of the sausage, cheese and egg mixture.
5. Stick the pan full of tots in the oven to cook for around 35 minutes.
6. While the tots are cooking, fry your slices of bacon until crispy. Let cool.
7. Once cooled, crumple up the bacon to form bite sized bacon bits.
8. After 35 minutes have passed, take the pan out and top with extra cheese, crumpled up bacon bits and chopped up parsley for garnish. Stick back in the oven for five more minutes and then enjoy! Napoleon Dynamite would be so proud.