Huzzah huzzah, it’s another week of Make it Into a Cookie with special guest Gabe Kennedy. He won season 3 of ABC’s The Taste — a cooking competition where contestants prepare complete dishes on a SPOON… How fitting.

MIIC_BEC 1

Through a little bit of creativity and some freestyle rap, we made our favorite breakfast — a bacon egg and cheese sandwich — INTO a COOKIE.

MIIC_BEC 2

These cookies were so dope with the ideal combo of sweet and savory. We love them (I mean look at our faces) and hope you do too.

MIIC_BEC 12

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Cookies

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes
  • Servings:6 cookies
  • Advanced Course

• 2 cup flour
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
  • 3 teaspoon baking power
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 tablespoon butter, diced and cold
  • 1 package thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped into bits
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 12 oz plain Greek yogurt
  • 6 quail eggs (or regular eggs if you're not a professional chef)

Step 1

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

Step 2

Add the cold, cubed butter into your dry ingredients. Break apart the butter cubes with your fingers and mix them into the flour until combined and crumbly.

#SpoonTip: To make sure your butter is extra cold and hard, pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes.

Step 3

In a pan over a medium heat, combine your cooked bacon bits and maple syrup. Cook for 5 minutes.

Step 4

Add cheddar cheese, maple bacon mixture, and Greek yogurt to the flour mixture. Mix until JUST combined.

SpoonTip: Do not overmix or your cookies won’t be fluffy.

Step 5

Dollop biscuit cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet. Using a greased spoon, create small nests for your eggs to fit in… Perfect PLOP.

#SpoonTip: The size of your dollops will end up being about the size of your cookie. 

Step 6

Bake in the toaster oven or any oven at 450°F for 10 minutes.

Step 7

Take your cookies out of the oven and crack quail eggs into the nest. You can always use normal eggs, we just used quail eggs because we’re with a FANCY cook and they look cute AF.

#SpoonTip: If the nests disappearred during cooking, use your spoon to push down a nest again. 

Step 8

Pop the cookies back in the oven for another 5 minutes. While they’re cooking, do a little freestyle rap to pass the time.

Step 9

Add some salt and peppa and enjoy those bad boys for breakfast.