We’ve all been there: Some mornings you’re just sitting in your dorm hungry, but don’t have the energy to be an actual, dining hall-going person (why is getting dressed such an ordeal?) The answer? Whip up a quick apple pie. Wait, what? Make apple pie? I kid you not – with three minutes and two main ingredients, you can make your AM routine that much better with this quick and relatively healthy breakfast treat. (And who says you can’t have pie for breakfast? — you’re in college!) While it may not be quite like Grandma’s homemade, with seasonal apples and a few add-ins, it’s pretty darn delish.

Easy

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes

Servings: 1

2-3 graham cracker sheets
1 medium apple

Directions:

1. Break graham crackers and cut apple (peeling is optional) into bite-sized pieces.

Before

Photo by Ally Mark

2. Combine in bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.

End Product

Photo by Ally Mark

3. And then, the fun part– personalize your pie with cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, brown sugar, peanut butter, Nutella, pecans, walnuts, raisins, ice cream, yogurt, whipped cream, or anything else you come across in your dorm stash of non-perishable foods.

End Product

Photo by Ally Mark

Looking for more fast and fabulous breakfasts to get you out of bed? Check out this recipe for awesome oatmeal. And for those days when your sweet tooth is turned on and you are feeling a little more motivated, there are always these adorable apple pie cups. Happy apple-ing!