If you want to spice up your baking repertoire beyond boxed Duncan Hines mixes, this dessert is for you. I love this recipe because of its versatility; I've made it gluten-free (just substitute the flour and oats with your standard gluten-free version), and I've even made this in a toaster oven when I didn't have access to a real oven. You can also play around with the types of apples you use.
Every time this apple-cranberry comes out of the oven, my friends devour it in minutes and ask me how I made something so fancy. While it might look complex, this perfect crumble is actually incredibly simple (the hardest part cutting up the apples, I promise).
Apple Cranberry Crunch
- Prep Time:30 mins
- Cook Time:40 mins
- Total Time:1 hr 10 mins
- 2 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup or 2 sticks margarine melted
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Cortland apples peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 14-oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour