It’s springtime, and love is in the air…you know, the birds and the bees. But if you’re tired of waiting around for Cupid, take action into your own hands with these aphrodisiac brownies.
Much more effective than a diapered baby with a bow and arrow, these ooey, gooey confections are made with secret ingredients like coconut oil, cayenne, cinnamon and dark chocolate, which are believed to cause an increase in sexual desire. You heard me. So go ahead, enjoy these bad boys with the apple of your eye tonight, and prepare for fireworks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 12 (3-inch-square = 1 serving)
½ cup room temperature refined coconut oil
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (at least 60% cacao), chopped
4 room temperature eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup extra dark chocolate baking chips (at least 60% cacao)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan (I use coconut oil cooking spray, but butter works just fine).
2. In 30-second bursts in the microwave, melt the coconut oil with the bittersweet chocolate, stirring often. It is important to let the mixture cool before using it in the batter, to keep your brownies from getting dry and heavy.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs and salt together with a fork until light and foamy.
4. Add the vanilla and both sugars gradually to the egg mixture, beating until well-blended.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the cayenne and cinnamon into the flour.
6. Using a wide rubber spatula, fold the cooled melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
7. Fold in the dry ingredients.
8. Add dark chocolate baking chips, being careful not to over-mix the batter.
9. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan, and bake until the surface is firm, about 25 minutes.
The warmth from the cinnamon and the spicy kick of cayenne in these magical brownies will be just what you need to turn up the heat with that special someone. After all, the quickest way to anyone’s heart is through their stomach.
Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it!
Looking for more foods to spice up your love life? Check these out: