My guilty pleasure is definitely the alcoholic dessert, a true depiction of the best of both worlds. And this, I assure you, is the best cookie you'll ever have. It masquerades well as a fall treat, but after your first bite, these cookies are sure to become a classic next to grandma's chocolate chip cookies. 

Jack Daniel's Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies

• 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
  • 1/2 can canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla
  • 6 oz dark chocolate
  • 1/4 cup Jack Daniels
Holly Park
Holly Park

Step 1

Dry ingredients: Gently sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
Holly Park
Holly Park

Step 2

Wet ingredients: In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg, then mix in pumpkin purée and vanilla.
Holly Park
Holly Park

Step 3

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in increments. Stir until just combined.
Holly Park
Holly Park

Step 4

Break 3/4 of your chocolate into large chunks. Finely chop the remaining amount into shavings.
Holly Park
Holly Park

Step 5

Add whiskey into the batter (if you're feeling adventurous, take a shot while you're at it!). Fold in the chocolate chunks.
Holly Park
Holly Park

Step 6

Shape your dough into 2 long tubes, each with a diameter of 1-2 inches. Double wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap.
Holly Park
Holly Park

Step 7

Refrigerate the dough for 24-36 hours.

#SpoonTip: This really is the crucial step for a flavorful and chewy cookie — I can't emphasize its importance enough. If you're short on time, even an hour in the freezer will do wonders!

#SpoonTip2: This dough can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer.

Step 8

Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease or line your cookie sheets. Slice your cookie dough so you have a row of cookies, each about 1/2 an inch thick.
Holly Park
Holly Park

Step 9

Place cookies 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are just crispy. Enjoy!
Holly Park
Holly Park

Keep it going with the alcohol, and maybe try a brew of vodka-infused hot cocoa or a tangy apple cider. Otherwise, you can just keep sipping on that Jack.

Holly Park