Now that fall is here, it is turning into the time when all you want to do is curl up with a warm drink. In a time filled with mid-terms, deadlines, and stressful holiday planning, sometimes you need to take a lazy day. Here are the six best fall mug drinks t0 make you smile this season.

1. French Hot Chocolate

coffee, espresso, milk, cappuccino, chocolate, cream, barbecue sauce, tea, sweet
Sydney Munn

Everyone had heard of normal hot chocolate–the one that comes in the Swiss Miss packets–but what if there was something even better. Imagine a drink consisting of primarily of melted chocolate, that is exactly what this is. With a preparation time of eight minutes, it does not even take that long to make. This bougie drink will lighten up anybodies day. 

2. Homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte

Why get out of your pajamas to get a nice warm drink when you can make it at home?  This is the ultimate fall drink, and is as much of a staple of fall as hay rides.

And the plus side of making this drink at home is you do not need to see the barista's disappointed face at Starbucks as he sees you in Uggs ordering a PSL; you can bask in your own "basic-ness" at home.

3. Homeade Caramel Apple Cider

It's not fall without apple cider. This is the fall drink that you have been looking for. One day you can make this drink and chill in bed eating an entire box of apple cider doughnuts. This will bring you right to the apple picking fields, and will make your whole day.  Why study for midterms when you can continue to drink this amazing cider all day?

4. White Chocolate Latte

While white chocolate is a controversial candy, this drink will make you question your hatred of white chocolate for all of these years. Made with white chocolate chips and espresso powder, this drink is not only easy but delicious. While it may seem complicated to create a latte at home, this drink only takes five minutes. This season reconsider your opinions about white chocolate with this drink.

5. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate

Update: your favorite cupcake has just became a drink. While this goes with any season, it screams fall.  With the red hot chocolate and creamy cream cheese whipped cream,  this is something that you can drink for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never get sick of it. The great thing about this fall drink is that it carries into winter as well. This seasonal drink could make anybody smile.

6. Hot Vanilla Chai Latte

You will not find me studying for long periods of time without this drink by my side. This is a great drink for midterms when you need a break from pure caffeine, or when you just want a drink to lighten your mood. Cinnamon is a pure essential of fall, and it is one of the main ingredients in this drink. Out of all of these drinks, out of all of these drinks I would recommend trying this one first.

These drinks will make your fall even better, and will immediately become staples of your fall season recipes. Each sip will bring you back to leaves falling, sweater weather, and apple picking.