Need a unique and easy appetizer dip to make for your summer parties? Look no further, because this recipe uses just four ingredients to make every chip a Tex-Mex party in your mouth.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Servings: Can serve 8-10 people. (More or less, depending on how much you put on the chip!)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 8-oz package of cream cheese
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 12-oz bag of shredded Mexican cheese (or whatever type you prefer)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Brown ground beef in a skillet on the stove.
3. Once the meat is fully cooked, add packet of taco seasoning. You may need to add 1/4 cup of water if the seasoning makes things a bit dry, but normally there’s enough liquid from the cooking meat so you don’t need to add any.
4. Press cream cheese into an 8″x8″oven-friendly container.
5. Once most of the liquid has evaporated from the meat, add ground beef on top of the cream cheese.
6. Mix the cream cheese and beef together well.
7. Top with the shredded cheese and bake for around 10 minutes, until cheese is well melted.
8. Pop open a bag of tortilla chips and enjoy with your friends… or by yourself. No judgment here.