The weather is getting colder, but it's not time to get into the holiday spirit just yet. Tide over your peppermint bark craving temporarily with a twist on the popular treat. We've heard the warning of a chocolate deficit as well as a heads up to look out for shortage of peanuts. Let's not waste anymore time worrying about the fate of arguably the best flavor combo and live in the moment by whipping up an easy batch of this bark.

3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark

• Cook Time:2 hrs
  • Total Time:2 hrs 10 mins

• 10 oz package dark chocolate chips
  • 10 oz peanut butter chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter cup pieces
chocolate, milk, candy, milk chocolate, sweet, goody, chocolate candy
Photo by Caroline Ingalls

Take out your ingredients and place a piece of parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet. Make sure both types of chips are in microwaveable bowls.

chocolate, coffee, sweet, candy
    Photo by Caroline Ingalls

Microwave the dark chocolate chips in 20 second intervals, stirring after each round, until melted.

chocolate, milk, cream, sweet, candy, coffee, pudding, milk chocolate
    Photo by Caroline Ingalls

Repeat microwaving process with the peanut butter chips.

cream, pudding, chocolate, milk, sweet, dairy product, mousse, coffee, chocolate mousse
    Photo by Caroline Ingalls

Pour the melted dark chocolate onto the parchment paper and evenly smooth the chocolate to the thickness you want the bark to be. Immediately drizzle a second layer of the melted peanut butter on top of it.

chocolate, cake, sweet, cream, milk, candy
    Photo by Caroline Ingalls

Run a toothpick or skewer through both layers in a circular motion to create a swirled effect.

#SpoonTip: If you want the layers to be less blended and more defined, leave the peanut butter in dollops instead of smoothing over the chocolate layer.

chocolate, milk, candy, sweet, cream, goody, milk chocolate
    Photo by Caroline Ingalls

Break up your peanut butter cups into smaller pieces and sprinkle them onto the bark.

#SpoonTip: Make sure you place them before the layers begin to harden.

chocolate, milk, candy, sweet, milk chocolate, goody
    Photo by Caroline Ingalls

Refrigerate bark for two hours. Afterwards, break it up into uneven pieces and serve it up!

chocolate, candy, milk, sweet, cream, milk chocolate, coffee, goody
    Photo by Caroline Ingalls