Hemp is one of the most versatile and functional plants in the world. No part of the plant goes to waste as it can be used to make everything from clothing, to plastic, to food. If you’re a frequenter of the health-scene you have probably come across this miracle plant. After much trial-and-error with vegan protein powders I have found the crème de la crème. Thank you, Manitoba Harvest.

But here’s what you really wanted to know: hemp is a species of Cannabis sativa, but it isn’t weed. The legality behind it has an interesting history, check it out.

This bowl of “ice cream” is packed with protein, omega-3, iron, vitamins and GLA… just to name a few. Say hello to anti-inflammation, energy and beautiful skin. The perfect guilt-free breakfast or post-workout snack when you’re sweaty and craving actual ice cream. Get your beach body and treat yo self.

Easy

Prep time: 4 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Total time: 5 minutes

2 frozen bananas (sliced)
1/3 cup almond milk
¼ cup vanilla hemp protein powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon of spirulina (or a handful of greens will do)
1 tablespoon nut butter

Photo by Kristine Mahan

1. Place all the ingredients in blender starting on low, mix until you have the consistency of soft-serve.

Photo by Kristine Mahan

2. Serve immediately with toppings like hemp hearts, chia seeds, nuts, coconut and berries.

Photo by Kristine Mahan

Smile at how easy that was and enjoy.

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

Hemp Ice Cream

For more about hemp, check out these articles: