Growing up in Austin means that Sundays are for one thing, brunch.  Brunch on the weekends is part of the Austin culture. Any given number of restaurants will open their doors on weekend mornings to serve you their take on brunch classics and originals, while simultaneously offering a great atmosphere. I look forward to going home for the brunch specials. 

All of these have their own special something that makes them unique. This being said, it was too hard to rank them, so they are in no particular order. Here is the ultimate guide to brunching your way through Austin.

24 Diner

24 Diner is an Austin favorite for brunch that offers casual comfort food. It is truly open 24 hours, so you can brunch at any hour of the day. Their most famous dish is their chicken and waffles, and rightfully so, this combination is not to be messed with. It is served with their brown sugar butter, so the sweet and salty contrast is hard to beat.

Searsucker

Searsucker does weekend brunch right by offering brunch classics with a twist. For example, taking a traditional breakfast classic, migas, and adding short rib. A favorite of the Searsucker twists is the biscuits with their duck fat gravy. A thick delicious biscuit served with a creamy gravy that isn't too heavy, even with the duck fat. 

Hillside Farmacy

Hillside Farmacy is in a historic building with a quaint patio that is perfect for any relaxing Sunday brunch. Hillside Farmacy is all about farm to table ingredients that are raised locally and organically. The smoked Denmark bangers and eggs is a classic brunch favorite that they do right. You truly can't go wrong with anything on this menu.

Forthright

Forthright is all about keeping it simple and easy. With a nice shaded patio, it's the perfect place to go and enjoy a peaceful brunch. They keep their menu and ingredients simple, but everything is cooked to perfection. Their avocado toast, pictured above, is simple, yet filled with flavor.

Odd Duck

Odd Duck is changing up the traditional brunch menu by taking brunch classics to a whole new level. Don't be fooled by their obscure menu, it may sound weird at first, but trust me, it tastes delicious. 

Banger's

Banger's is a Rainy Street favorite. They are a sausage house that offers over 30 house made sausages that pair perfectly with their bottomless mimosas. Banger's is a great outdoor place to eat, drink and enjoy live music. 

Perla's

Do you want a brunch that includes the best seafood, oysters, and surf 'n' turf? Perla's is the spot to be. Located on South Congress, Perla's has one of the best patios in all of Austin. Stop by to get a delicious seafood based brunch, and enjoy the great patio view. 

Tacos and Tequila

Tacos and Tequila offers a unique buffet brunch with many made-to-order chef stations. For $22 you can get the all you can eat brunch buffet, served with two mimosas. Some of the things you can expect to find are a carving station, an omelet bar, the classic migas and eggs benedict, and their famous Street Tacos. 

Winflo

Winflo is an Italian restaurant that offers some great brunch on the weekends. They are putting an Italian spin on brunch classics, from the tiramisu french toast to the polenta benedict, everything is delicious. 

Snooze

Snooze is a newer chain restaurant in Austin that is offering brunch and breakfast favorites daily. They offer fresh farm to table food with many vegan and vegetarian friendly dishes. If you are looking for a healthier version of classic brunch, look no further.  

No matter where you go for brunch on Sunday, you can't go wrong with any of these fantastic Austin brunch spots. The hardest part will be picking what to order, because it all is so good.