Austin is typically known for its live music and technology startup scene, but it’s slowly becoming recognized for its impressive selection of restaurants. With a wide variety of options, from barbecue to Japanese, Austin has it all and everything in between. Check out these restaurants if you’re ever in ATX and get ready to eat your heart out.

1. Franklin Barbecue

Austin

Photo courtesy of Franklin Barbecue

With a Twitter account dedicated to how long the line is each day, Franklin Barbecue serves up the some of the most coveted BBQ in Austin. Don’t let the long lines turn you away, though; even Kanye West had to wait in line when he visited this famous BBQ joint.

2. East Side King

Austin

Photo by Gabby Phi

Top Chef: Texas winner Paul Qui and former Uchi chef Moto Utsunomiya turned their Asian fusion side project into a food truck empire. Beet fries and crispy brussels sprouts, yes please.

3. Home Slice Pizza

Austin

Photo courtesy of @dank_austin_eats on Instagram

If giant slices of New York-style pizza are your thing (and if they aren’t, they should be), Home Slice is your go-to place — they serve pizza by the pie or by the slice.

4. Koriente

Austin

Photo by Shivani Pandya

Craving Asian takeout without all the MSG, added sugar and calories? Koriente serves healthy Asian dishes, and the most expensive meal is only $11. Ballin’ on a budget.

5. Launderette

Austin

Photo courtesy of austinway.com

It’s guaranteed that your meal will be all over Insta with pictures of artfully plated Mediterranean food that Launderette serves. True to its name, Launderette is located in a quaint, remodeled laundromat.

6. FoodHeads

Austin

Photo courtesy of foodheads.com

Located in a tiny wooden house, FoodHeads feels like you’re noshing at your grandma’s without actually having to see your family. Definitely one of Austin’s best kept sandwich secrets.

7. Uchiko

Austin

Photo by Nikki Shiner

Feel fancy and pretend you’re not a college student with these Japanese tapas. Stay within that college student budget and visit Uchiko for happy hour, 5-6:30pm daily. You’re welcome.

8. Elizabeth Street Cafe

Austin

Photo by Shivani Pandya

If the fact that the Vietnamese and French-inspired Elizabeth Street Cafe was recently featured on The Food Network isn’t enough for you to give it a try, go for the banh mi — it’s definitely worth it.

9. Josephine House

Austin

Photo by Evan Rauch

Your hungover Sunday brunch just got a whole lot better. Whether you’re into avocado toast or lemon ricotta pancakes, Josephine House will remedy a night out in no time.

10. Michi Ramen

Austin

Photo by Shivani Pandya

Throw out those instant ramen packets immediately, get in your car and drive to Michi Ramen. This hole-in-the-wall restaurant on North Lamar serves up huge, customizable bowls of delicious ramen noodles.

11. Hopdoddy

Austin

Photo courtesy of @forked_up on Instagram

Forget your spring break diet — you’re going to want to order a burger, fries AND a shake from Hopdoddy. Named the best burger in America, their unique burgers are worth every calorie.

12. Sway

Austin

Photo courtesy of Melody Fury

There’s a reason for all the buzz around the modern, Thai-inspired Sway — the food is just as innovative as the interior design. Enjoy your jungle curry on the outdoor patio for the full experience.

13. Second Bar + Kitchen

Austin

Photo courtesy of @secondbarkitchen on Instagram

Second Bar + Kitchen is the perfect place to brunch and sip on cocktails with your squad. The large, open patio seating also makes for perfect people-watching.

14. Zocalo Cafe

Austin

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Cara S.

A fresh take on Mexican food that won’t wreck your wallet or your pre-spring break diet. Zocalo Cafe makes everything in-house, including their delicious tortillas.

15. Fricano’s Deli

Austin

Photo courtesy of @whutthe_hil on Instagram

This gem in the heart of West Campus is often overlooked, but is definitely worth a visit. Fricano’s serves up huge deli sandwiches with everything you could ever want, from corned beef to pastrami to an assortment of veggies.

16. Kerbey Lane Cafe

Austin

Photo courtesy of slonerangerblog.com

Known as everyone’s favorite joint for drunk eats, Kerbey Lane is famous for their “Kerbey Queso,” which is guacamole smothered in queso and topped with pico de gallo.

17. P. Terry’s Burger Stand

Austin

Photo courtesy of @rageofmars on Instagram

This retro burger joint serves up some of the cheapest and best burgers in Austin. Take it from a long time vegetarian: P. Terry’s has a veggie burger that is unmatched by any other.

18. Freedmen’s

Austin

Photo courtesy of @freedmens on Instagram

Freedman’s is located inside a beautiful, historic building and is also one of the best barbecue joints in Austin. Stuff your face with ribs or enjoy a cocktail on the back patio.

19. Komé

Austin

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Debbie L.

Find Japanese comfort food that’s mouth-watering and reasonably priced at Komé. With a large selection of sushi rolls and other Japanese dishes, everyone will be able to find something they enjoy.

20. Café No Sé

Austin

Photo by Gabby Phi

Located inside the swanky South Congress Hotel, Café No Sé features fresh, California-inspired dishes that are perfectly paired with any of their signature cocktails. If the rustic interior and food aren’t enough to charm you, the baked in-house pastries will definitely win you over.

21. Épicerie

Austin

Photo courtesy of @epicerie_austin on Instagram

Feeling French? Enjoy the heavenly cheese plate and the unique exterior of the restaurant. Épicerie is located in an ivy-covered bungalow tucked away in north Austin.

22. Fresa’s Chicken al Carbon

Austin

Photo courtesy of austinot.com

Get your chicken fix with Fresa’s wood-grilled chicken plated with sides, stuffed in tacos or served over salads. Drive-thru or sit outside, the choice is up to you.

23. Bouldin Creek Café

Austin

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Ashley A.

This one’s for all the vegetarians that are fed up with trying to find meat-free options at regular restaurants. Don’t worry, Bouldin Creek Cafe is there for you. With an all vegetarian and vegan menu, you’ll forget you even liked meat in the first place.

24. Titaya’s

Austin

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Becca F.

Comforting Thai food doesn’t get any better than at Titaya’s. Go for lunch and enjoy a full meal for under $15.

25. La Condesa

Austin

Photo courtesy of @juliet_ate_romeo on Instagram

Head to La Condesa for upscale Mexican street food and an impressive tequila list. Happy hour is from 5-7 pm on weekdays, so #treatyoself and order that extra tequila shot with your tacos.

26. Torchy’s Tacos

Austin

Photo courtesy of Torchy’s Tacos

Ever since 2006, Torchy’s has been blessing Austin (and now Dallas, Waco and College Station) with some damn good tacos. Order off the secret menu if you want to feel legit.

27. Wu Chow

Austin

Photo courtesy of Wu Chow

The dim sum and small plates at Wu Chow are definitely drool-worthy. This somewhat unconventional Chinese restaurant serves farm-to-table Chinese cuisine at its finest.

28. Emmer & Rye

Austin

Photo by Gabby Phi

Rainey Street is more than just hipster bars (although those are worth a try too). Emmer & Rye offers a contemporary spin on the local food movement with appetizers and entrées centered around local produce.

29. Sweetish Hill Bakery

Austin

Photo courtesy of @nicolesometimes on Instagram

Since its opening in 1975, Sweetish Hill has been Austin’s go-to for anything sweet. Go ahead, indulge in one of the delicious custom cakes. What are calories again?

30. Chi’Lantro BBQ

Austin

Photo courtesy of @srat_eats on Instagram

Two words: kimchi fries. Chi’Lantro serves Korean-Mexican fusion that combines the best of both cuisines, with dishes like bulgogi tacos and kimchi burgers.

31. Mandola’s Italian Market

Austin

Photo courtesy of @mandolasitalian on Instagram

Pretend you’re part of a big Italian family while dining on authentic Italian food at Mandola’s. The portions are large, the prices are reasonable and the complimentary focaccia and olive oil with spices will make you feel like you’re in Italy.

32. Odd Duck

Austin

Photo by Gabby Phi

Odd Duck on South Lamar serves up inventive, appetizer-style plates that are meant to be shared (or not, we won’t judge). The current restaurant is a brick-and-mortar revival of where the original trailer once stood.

33. Eastside Café

Austin

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Christine N.

This quaint East Austin eatery grows their own produce and herbs in a huge garden in the back of the restaurant. Eastside Cafe is casual enough for a first Tinder date, but also nice enough for brunch with your parents.

34. Gourdough’s Public House

Austin

Eating at Gourdough’s is an Austin rite of passage. Clear your schedule for the rest of the day, though, because whether you get a decadent donut or burger with a donut bun, the only thing you’ll want to do for the rest of the day is take a nap.

35. South Congress Café

Austin

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Yousuf H.

South Congress Café is the perfect place to sip on a Bloody Mary and eat giant French toast on a lazy Sunday morning. Sign me up, please.

36. Snack Bar

Austin

Photo courtesy of @austinfoodstagram on Instagram

True to its name, Snack Bar serves American fare for lunch and transitions to global-inspired bites to share in the evening. The lounge-style seating gives this South Congress eatery a 70’s vibe.

37. G’Raj Mahal

Austin

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Tianyu I.

G’Raj Mahal serves quality Indian food that will convert even the pickiest of eaters. This dinner-only venue often hosts a variety of live music events, which is only fitting since the restaurant is in the Live Music Capital of the World.

38. 24 Diner

Austin

Photo courtesy of @joshuaweissman on Instagram

Conventional diner food gets an upgrade at 24 Diner. Open around the clock, it’s the perfect place for a comforting late-night bite if you’re in the mood for something a little more classy.

39. Sawyer & Co.

Austin

Sawyer & Co., famous for their crawfish, brings the heat of the bayou to Austin. Check them out for a blend of New Orleans flavor and Texas hospitality.

40. Perla’s

Austin

Photo courtesy of @keepaustineatin on Instagram

Austin might be miles from the beach, but you would never know it while eating at Perla’s. The seafood is fresh, the nautical interior is fun and food is consistently top-notch.

41. Parkside

Austin

Photo courtesy of Parkside

Skip the hangover that usually comes after a night on Dirty Sixth and head over to Parkside. The American-style plates and energetic vibe give this Sixth Street restaurant a fresh feel.

42. The Peached Tortilla

Austin

Photo courtesy of austinfoodmagazine.com

Get your Southern and Asian fusion fix with kimchi Spam fried rice and brisket hash from The Peached Tortilla.

43. Texas Honey Ham Company

Austin

Photo by Kathleen Lee

Austin is known for its breakfast tacos, but you haven’t truly lived until you’ve tried tacos from Texas Honey Ham. If you’re still feeling hungry, try the shells and cheese.

44. Hillside Farmacy

Austin

Photo by Gabby Phi

Make all of your brunch dreams come true at this quaint spot located in Central Austin. Hillside Farmacy was originally a drugstore owned by Austin’s first African-American pharmacist, Doc Young, and a framed picture of him still hangs on the wall.

45. El Naranjo

Austin

Photo courtesy of Yelp user Katie O.

El Naranjo is the perfect place to take your parents for traditional Mexican food when they’re in town. Don’t miss out on the made-from-scratch guac.

46. Pizzeria Vetri

Austin

Photo courtesy of @spoon_texas on Instagram

Pizzeria Vetri is the newest addition to Urban Outfitter’s Space 24 Twenty on the Drag, and is definitely worth the hype. Enjoy thin-crust pizza cooked in a brick oven or gourmet salads on the spacious back patio.

47. Counter Café

Austin

Photo courtesy of Counter Cafe

Greasy diner meets farm-to-table in the most delicious way possible at Counter Cafe. Yes, all-day breakfast is a thing, and yes, you can find it here.

48. Ramen Tatsu-Ya

Austin

Photo by Gabby Phi

As you probably already know, the ramen craze is still alive and well in Austin. Since 2012, Ramen Tatsu-Ya has continued to dominate the Austin ramen scene with its funky vibe and classic-style ramen bowls.

49. Salty Sow

Austin

Photo courtesy of Joshua Weissman

Salty Sow’s triple fried duck fat fries are about to become your new favorite food. Come hungry because everything’s bigger in Texas, including these portions.

50. Walton’s Fancy and Staple

Austin

In addition to starring in some of the best movies of the 2000’s (Miss Congeniality anyone?), Sandra Bullock is the mastermind behind the rustic Walton’s Fancy and Staple. Doubling as a deli and flower shop, you can grab a sandwich and some fresh flowers while you’re at it.